Friday 25 October 2013

DOES GOD LISTEN TO MY PRAYERS WHEN I STUMBLE?



Hebrews 10:22a
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith

Psalm 51:6
Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, and in the hidden part you will make me know wisdom.

Hebrew 11:6
But without faith it is possible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

If one is born of The Spirit he will strive to live right before God. Conviction will increase as he gets deeper with God. When we are spiritual babies we live in ignorance. We are convicted of our sins but conviction gets deeper as we know more of His word. The more we know His word the guiltier we become when we break His commandments.

When we continue to repeat the same mistakes sometimes frustration sets in. We will be wondering if we are really serious in confessing our sins. Some months back I used to ask The Holy Spirit how do I know I'm sincere about what I'm confessing. He told me you know when you are lying. I found this statement to be very true.

We know when we sincerely desire God's mercy. We also know when we are seeking Him half heartedly. Our own conscience bears witness to this. Almost all of us have besotted sins. We have sins that easily ensnare us. Sometimes we go to God and confess the same sin over and over. Some besotted sins that easily ensnare us are lust, slander, gossip, impatience, jealousy, envy, bitterness. We all know what easily ensnares us.

We shouldn't hide our sins when we go before God. He knows what is in our hearts. If we are easily ensnared by lust we should be sincere before God. For example lets say one lusts after the opposite sex easily, when such a person appears before God he/she must confess the nature of the sin. He must accept full responsibility of his sin and cry out sincerely for deliverance. Deliverance may not occur in a day but one must be sincere and have faith.

Bible says he who comes to Him must believe that He is. Hebrews 11:6
If God Himself is quoting this scripture He will use first person singular that is "I AM" and I AM is His name. I AM means God is who He is so we only know Him as revealed in the bible but God is greater than what is revealed to us in His word.

As the bible says in Hebrews 11:6, He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. When we appear before God we should use the approaches the bible talks about in Hebrews 10:22

The first is a sincere heart. We should come to Him with a genuine heart, accepting responsibility for our actions and have a sincere desire to give up.

The second is faith. We should come to understand that when we pray He listens.
Few weeks back I was praying to The Lord to purge me with His fire. I thought I was going to feel that warm sensation as I felt other times. The Holy Spirit told me not to base my purification on bodily sensations but I should believe that I am being worked on.

Not all fall or scream during deliverance but that is not to say they are not being delivered. Personally I've never fallen in prayer but God still sanctifies me.

When we come to Him we must be transparent and have assurance of faith. We should believe in His faithfulness. We should believe in the power of the blood. We must believe in the keeping power of The Holy Spirit. 1Peter 1:5

Glory To Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment